Indecent Digit: Another nail in the coffin for public transportation...

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Another nail in the coffin for public transportation...

I woke up this morning on the floor of my living room, sulfur in the air and a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. To my left a strange parchment lay just out of reach, strange glyphs written in what I assume must have been my own blood, judging from the cuts on my arms. Although it was not in English, I could still read it…

…I will destroy Amtrak and all public transportation… …consume your fossil fuels as I will consume your souls in Hell …your planet will soon be a smoldering, nightmarish landscape where you will be prey for the unholy hordes that await on the other side of the gate… …they will suck the marrow from your bones… …an eternity of pain and horror awaits you…

It goes on, like that for a few pages. Anyhoo, so it seems the Republican powers-that-be are enacting their plans to privatize Amtrak, as previously reported on this blog and on the the Rachel Maddow show.

Apparently The Unimaginable Horror From Beyond that occasionally possesses me is more in line with the Heritage Foundation’s way of thinking. I can see how $25 billion over 30+ years might seem like a lot to some people. But why aren’t they apoplectic over the hundreds of billions of dollars shoveled into Iraq or the billions of dollars in tax breaks given to the big oil companies when they are making record profits?

Sometimes I’m afraid That Which Should Not Be Named is correct in its prediction of a hell-on-earth in our lifetime…

1 Comments:

Blogger LGG said...

The power of Frist compells you!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home